Parents and caregivers know that applying a safe, effective sunscreen to children is one key to protecting them from sun damage. Sunscreen should never be your child’s first line of defense against the sun, of course, and the reality is that some products may actually do more harm than good.Read More
Monday, June 22, 2015 8:55:57 AM America/Edmonton
Thursday, August 15, 2013 5:48:38 PM America/Edmonton
It’s almost back to school time and for those of you with preschoolers you’re about to add some more activity to your already busy day!It’s not easy getting out the door in the morning and trying to plan a healthy breakfast every day may not sound appealing. But before you reach for the “Sugar-Os” try one of these quick and easy breakfast ideas – they’re healthy, fast and yummy!
- The Breakfast Tortilla: This involves a quick egg scramble, a pinch of grated cheese and some diced tomato. Stuff it all in a wrap and you’ve got a complete meal ready to go in minutes!
- PB&B English Muffin: Start with a toasted whole wheat or whole grain English muffin. Spread with all natural peanut butter and sliced bananas. With a glass of milk to top it off your little monkey will be happy.
- Super Smoothie: All kids love smoothies! It’s a fact. Keep some unsweetened frozen fruit in your freezer for breakfast treats. Add water, coconut water, a bit of unsweetened juice and you’re ready to go! You can also add fresh banana, berries, kiwi, kale, spinach or a spoon of yogurt to make it different every time!
- Fancy Yogurt: Plain yogurt can taste a bit, ell plain to kids. Why not add some honey or applesauce to sweeten it a touch and top it off with berries, pistachios, almonds, granola or bran buds to make it a crunchy treat?
- Breakfast Pizza: It’s just as delicious as it sounds. Top a whole wheat or whole grain English muffin with a tomato slice, a slice of pre-cooked back bacon and some cheese (shredded if you have time, thinly sliced if not). Stick under the broiler for a couple of minutes – keep your eyes peeled for doneness – and you’ve got a yummy breakfast.
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We don’t know who “they” are but we know one thing for sure – breakfast can also be the healthiest, yummiest and quickest meal of the day!
Need some on-the-go food storage ideas? Check out our baby portable snack systems here!